Listen and Subscribe: Omny | iTunes | Google Podcasts | Spotify
- Join Jarrad Mahon’s Property Investor Update (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/join)
- For more info on our award-winning and highly rated Property Management services that give you guaranteed peace of mind (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/perth-property-management-specialists/)
- For more info on how our Property Sales services can ensure you get the best selling price while handling all the stress for you (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/selling-your-perth-property/)
- Get Jarrad’s strategic advice towards your property purchase and development plans (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/invest-in-perth-property/ )
As a Perth property investor, you might be wondering how the proposed medium density R-Code changes will affect you. Will it impact your profits? What adjustments do you need to make?
Luckily, we are about to get the inside scoop from a special guest today.
The Assistant Director of Building & Planning (WA), Aaron Sice, joins us as he shares his view on Perth property development. We take a deep dive into the proposed R-Codes changes to medium density housing and the potential impacts those will have on the market.
Take a seat and listen to this valuable episode so you can prepare for the changes that are coming!
- Aaron’s background and where he is now [02:22]
- The nuances Aaron has seen in Perth property [04:00]
- Things could have been better [07:38]
- Property development is actually risky [11:40]
- It’s not about ratcheting things up, find a niche and run with it [14:21]
- Who is property development for? [16:43]
- Find what works for you then wash, rinse, repeat [19:11]
- Common mistake that trip people up: Not hiring a project manager [20:39]
- Tip for land development: Submit planning and DA applications concurrently [22:56]
- What to look out for in the R-Code changes for medium density [23:59]
- Increase in density bonus in different site categories [24:22]
- Single bed dwelling concession is now being a small dwelling concession [26:42]
- Landscaping mandated for single-tier dwellings [28:09]
- Areas of opportunity following the proposed changes [30:25]
- R-Code changes’ impact in the overall market [31:15]
- Perth is constantly changing [36:03]
About Our Guest:
Currently the Assistant Director of Building & Planning (WA), Aaron Sice is someone who has already seen what works and what doesn’t in Perth property development. He was previously a lecturer at REIWA for residential design codes and strategic developments and has worked with big developers as either an in-house or consultant, bringing with him his knowledge on the mistakes made by investors through the years.
Thank you for tuning in! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.
Connect With Perth Property Insider: