Listen and Subscribe: Omny | iTunes | Google Podcasts | Spotify
- Join Jarrad Mahon’s Property Investor Update (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/join)
- For more info on our award-winning and highly rated Property Management services that give you guaranteed peace of mind (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/perth-property-management-specialists/)
- For more info on how our Property Sales services can ensure you get the best selling price while handling all the stress for you (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/selling-your-perth-property/)
- Get Jarrad’s strategic advice towards your property purchase and development plans (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/invest-in-perth-property/ )
Making property investing decisions is a lot easier if you do the necessary research to back up your choices. But which metric do you prioritise?
Should you look for a property with more cash flow or one in a blue-chip suburb? To help my listeners, I’m here to present the case for why it’s important to prioritise your capital growth rate.
In today’s episode, I share the results of a massive research study I’ve done on historical capital growth rates and how that can shape your suburb selection. You’ll hear about a number of interesting comparisons which I’m sure will help you to create more wealth in the long-term.
Get inside this episode as I’m sure you’ll pick up a ton of useful insights. Tune in here.
- Why should we look at the capital growth rate? [01:26]
- Infrastructure and its impact [03:48]
- Differences in performance between metro and country areas [06:27]
- Buying in low-end, median, high-end prices areas matter in the long-term [07:42]
- A country area is almost on par if you hold it for 30 years [9:19]
- Not much difference among low-priced, low-growth areas [10:39]
- Consider also cash flow, capital gains, and other taxes [11:36]
- Massive difference seen in high-growth areas for the long-term [13:12]
- More reasons to buy into the higher-priced areas [15:56]
- How this impacts your investing [18:36]
- Think long-term to benefit from compounding [19:35]
About Our Host:
Managing Director and Licensee at Investor’s Edge Real Estate for more than 12 years, Jarrad Mahon is a household name in the real estate industry. Having received 16 awards over the last six years, he is your go-to guy in property management and investment strategies. He has been featured in multiple media outlets and is continuing to make great strides in the world of real estate investing.
Thank you for tuning in! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.