Listen and Subscribe: Omny | iTunes | Google Podcasts | Spotify
- Join Jarrad Mahon’s Property Investor Update (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/join)
- For more info on our award-winning and highly rated Property Management services that give you guaranteed peace of mind (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/perth-property-management-specialists/)
- For more info on how our Property Sales services can ensure you get the best selling price while handling all the stress for you (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/selling-your-perth-property/)
- Get Jarrad’s strategic advice towards your property purchase and development plans (https://www.investorsedge.com.au/invest-in-perth-property/ )
Making property investing decisions is a lot easier if you do the necessary research to back up your choices. But which metric do you prioritise?
Should you look for a property with more cash flow or one in a blue-chip suburb? To help my listeners, I’m here to present the case for why it’s important to prioritise your capital growth rate.
In today’s episode, I share the results of a massive research study I’ve done on historical capital growth rates and how that can shape your suburb selection. You’ll hear about a number of interesting comparisons which I’m sure will help you to create more wealth in the long-term.
Get inside this episode as I’m sure you’ll pick up a ton of useful insights. Tune in here.
- Why should we look at the capital growth rate? [01:26]
- Infrastructure and its impact [03:48]
- Differences in performance between metro and country areas [06:27]
- Buying in low-end, median, high-end prices areas matter in the long-term [07:42]
- A country area is almost on par if you hold it for 30 years [9:19]
- Not much difference among low-priced, low-growth areas [10:39]
- Consider also cash flow, capital gains, and other taxes [11:36]
- Massive difference seen in high-growth areas for the long-term [13:12]
- More reasons to buy into the higher-priced areas [15:56]
- How this impacts your investing [18:36]
- Think long-term to benefit from compounding [19:35]
About Our Host:
Jarrad Mahon is the go-to guy in property management and investment in Perth, giving you his insider view on the Perth market and the strategies needed for you to grow your wealth and improve your life. All you need to do is to stay tuned!
Thank you for tuning in! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast.
Connect with Perth Property Insider:
- Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgT9-gB6RS69xSgc8J9KrOw
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/investorsedge